- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, including stems, set aside florets after steaming.
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup feta cheese (optional)
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot. Sauté celery and onion for four minutes, until softened.
- Add potatoes and broccoli stems, sauté for two more minutes.
- Add chicken broth and almond milk, bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for approximately twenty minutes.
- When simmered and vegetables tenderized, pour mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve soup, and garnish each bowl with abundance of feta cheese and broccoli buds – enabling the reaction producing sulforaphane.
Makes roughly six servings.